Many medical practices know the importance of video marketing. Having patient testimonial videos is one of the most powerful things a potential patient can see. In past blog articles I’ve discussed what type of videos you should shoot, how to edit your videos, and where to post them. In this article I want to focus on a few more advanced techniques that will help you drive more traffic to your website and get more business from your videos, specifically from Youtube.
Let’s assume that you have a Youtube channel and that you’ve started to post videos there. I’ll also assume you know how to optimize the video. In short, after you do your keyword research you type in the keyword phrase you’re targeting into the title of the video. You’ll also want to incorporate this phrase into the description. Now here’s what else you can do…
1) Backlink to your Youtube channel: Some of you savvy practices may have already been backlinking to the individual videos, which is a really good idea. But did you know that you should also be backlinking to you channel itself? This will help build up the credibility of your channel and each individual video.
2) Include a “call to action” overlay: In previous posts I’ve recommend incorporating a “call to action” with the editing software you’re using by simply adding a phone number or website address to the footer of the video. This is an even better approach. You typically see this overlay in the form of a click-able advertisement on a Youtube video you’re watching, and it’s usually unwelcome and annoying. However, in this instance, the overlay will be an ad for your videos, so it couldn’t possibly be more relevant for the viewer.
Here’s how you set it up:
- Set up a Promotion
- Set your minimum bid to $.01
- Click “promote” and pay the $5 set up fee
- Write your promotion and choose keywords
- Click “Edit” on the video you want to add the overlay to
- Select “Call-To-Action-Overlay” and add the title, body, image, display url and external url
3) Get comments and responses to your videos: Just like comments on your blog articles are powerful, so are comments on your videos and channel. You should encourage friends and fans of your practice to check out the videos and comment on them. You can even have your staff do the same, just watch out for spammers looking to drop a link to their site in the comments!
As I mentioned before, these are more advanced tips for video marketing on Youtube. First you need to shoot the video, then get it optimized, and then start building your presence on Youtube and other video sites. Once you’ve started to do this then I would focus on some more advanced techniques.
If you have any questions about Youtube or video marketing, or Turbo’s services in general, then don’t hesitate to contact us today. You can also reach us directly at 877-673-7096 x2.