Do you have a Fan page for your medical practice, but are struggling to generate any movement or responses? As you grow the number of “likes” you need to keep in mind that you’re not marketing “to” your Fans, rather, you’re interacting “with” them. So how exactly do you improve your interactions with your Fans? In this article I’ll outline five ways to improve your Facebook Fan activity and engagement:
1) Interact on other Fan Pages: Seems straightforward enough. Get active! Jump on other related Fan pages and get involved in discussions, post relevant information or even just show support for the page. For medical practices this means seeking out Fan pages of medical device manufacturers or Fan pages for any of the products you carry (BOTOX, Allergan, J&J, Clarisonic, Latisse, etc).
2) Use Apps: There are thousands of different Facebook apps you can use to generate more interaction. One cool app to consider is a “Fan of the week” app which keeps track of all Fan interaction and participation on your page. People love recognition, and love free prizes even more, so consider using this app to encourage Fans to go to your page more often.
3) Be genuine: This one goes without saying, but is definitely worth pointing out. People don’t want to feel like they’re communicating with a robot. Be yourself; be human. Interact on a personal level, making yourself accessible, and your Fans will respond.
4) Fan Page Partnerships: Similar to #1 above, but this involves establishing a relationship with the owner of another related business. Much like a partnership you develop in the real world, partnerships on Facebook can help grow your practice. Cross promoting another related business by linking to their Fan page, posting photos and making candid comments on their page, and them doing the same, will benefit you both.
5) Run a contest: This is a great idea to get Fans excited. People love freebies. Consider running a giveraway or sweepstakes that involves Fan participation. There are softwares out there specifically designed to help you run a contest, or you could manage it on your own. A sweepstakes can simply be run by having Fans fill out a form to collect their information, and then having a drawing. Photo submission contests are typically a great idea, but may not be ideal for medical practices (most people are very private about any procedures they’ve had done). Therefore, consider photo caption contests or other funny, off-topic contests. Get creative. The medical world can be dry and private, so mix in some humor, especially with contests, and you’ll get more interaction.
As you can see, these are some very simple steps to increase the activity and engagment on your medical Facebook Fan page. If you’d like to learn more about increasing Facebook Fan interaction and activity, or need help getting established on Facebook, then talk to Turbo today. Either leave us a note here or call us directly at 877-673-7096 x2.