Turbo has just completed one of its larger projects of the year, a website re-design for Alma Lasers US. Based out of Israel, but operating Internationally, Alma Lasers is one of the worldwide leaders in cosmetic laser R&D, manufacturing, and sales. Alma has two main divisions, North America and the rest of the world. Our goal was to overhaul the North American website.
Alma came to Turbo in early 2016 in need of a website overhaul. The project began in April and involved into a full-blown re-design and a move from Drupal CMS to WordPress. In addition to the design update, we re-configured their entire e-store, with a better layout and a simplified order fulfillment process.
Here are some of the main features of the new website:
- customize the design with improved imagery, cleaner content, and a more modern layout
- fully “responsive” design with “sticky” mobile calls to action
- improved navigation, on both desktop and mobile, for seamlessly accessing individual pages
- Woocommerce integration for the e-store, with two unique customer groups (Alma Client and Alma Internal) and custom pricing and shipping options for each customer group
- Custom calendar functionality
- Custom doctor locator map tool
- custom store search functionality (hides products and categories)
- full search engine optimization
- unique web forms for improved lead generation
Here’s a look at the old home page…
Here’s a look at the new home page…
You can click to view any inner pages to see the design work as well, including the Treatment pages, Device pages, and Technology Pages. Here’s one example of an old inner page (on left) vs. the new and improved inner page (on the right)…
You can also check out the mobile site here…
The previous store wasn’t even actually part of the website, so the user ended up leaving Alma’s site to go to the fulfillment house website. Our goal was to build a better store, housed on the website. The key was ensuring that two types of users could have access to the store, after logging in: Alma Internal (staff members) and Alma Clients (customers who’ve purchased lasers). Depending on the user group that logs in, certain categories/products may be hidden; products may be free vs. paid; free shipping may be available or not; and most importantly, the fulfillment process varies by user group.
This was a complicated configuration, but the end result was a beautiful front-end store with a highly intelligent backend.
The site features plenty of other cool feature, such as the doctor finder tool. You simply enter your city or zip, along with the treatment you’re looking for, and you’ll get a conveniently organized map showing all the nearest practices…
We also implemented a customized, interactive calendar tool, with filterable categories and RSVP options…
If you’d like see a rundown of all our most recent projects click here, or you can check out our portfolio of website work here. If you’d like to learn more about WordPress, Woocommerce, or simply re-developing your existing website, then send Turbo a note here. You can also reach us directly at 877-673-7096 x2.